Disclosure: The Organic Society accepts advertising, sponsorship, affiliate links and other forms of compensation, which may or may not influence the advertising content, topics or articles written on this site. Click here for more information.
If you don’t have coconut oil in your home, then you need to read this. This magical oil has so many benefits, not just health benefits but benefits to help you stay beautiful as well.
Over the past couple of years, coconut related products have gained so much popularity that everyone seems to be enjoying the benefits. This versatile product can help you in a number of ways, especially coconut oil. You can use it for almost anything from makeup remover to lip balm to even helping heal stretch marks.
Ok, if you’re not sold yet, then here’s a list to win you over.
10 Beauty Uses of Coconut Oil
- Makeup Remover: Coconut oil as work a treat to remove makeup. Apply it directly to the face as a cleanser, or leave it on your skin with a cotton pad and watch the makeup disappear.
- Breath Freshener: Did you know coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties? Gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil (AKA oil pulling) can help clear up germs in the mouth for fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums.
- Body Moisturizer: Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, making it an effective moisturiser. Even though it gets absorbs quickly, it will leave you with shinier, healthier looking skin. This works just as well as a face moisturiser. Just as you can use it on your body, you can use it on your face. It will give you shiny, glowing skin after you apply your foundation.
- Makeup Brush Cleaner: Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual. You can use a DIY cleanser that’s two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil.
- Lip Balm: Coconut oil is perfect for chapped lips especially because it’s semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a small jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
- Body Scrub: Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to use as an exfoliator. The moisturising oil will last long after the grains have melted away.
- Massage Oil: Warm a jar coconut oil in boiling water then add a few drops of an essential oil, like lavender or peppermint, for a soothing massage mix.
- Whitening Toothpaste: How about coconut tooth path? Grab the closest jar of coconut oil and add baking soda for a quick fix. The perfect way to get your pearly whites even whiter.
- Body Oil: You must be a fan by now? So if you are, keep a jar in the bathroom to use as a body oil. Just lather it on wet skin after the shower, then pat dry. You’ll smell like lovely coconuts all day. Plus, it has a natural SPF 4.
- Scar Cream: For those who like an all natural cream to help with scar or stretch marks. Keep a jar of coconut oil nearby to help ward off stretch marks and scars. While the oil won’t fade any marks, it can help prevent dark spots and blisters from forming.
Ok, well if that’s not enough benefits to help you go nuts for coconuts, then check out 30 Coconut Oil Uses for Beauty: Unexpected Hair & Skin Benefits.
So if you thought coconut was just for drinking on your vacations, think again. Coconut comes with so many health benefits that are sure to help you stay beautiful naturally. Away from dangerous chemicals and harmful ingredients, free from any nasty additives.
So if natural beauty is what you’re after, then coconuts are your best friend.
Do you have any natural, organic beauty tips and hack you could share? Please do share below.