Terms of Service
- We believe in complete transparency and we do our best to disclose any information that relates to affiliate products.
- We will only promote ethical companies with products we support that are good for you and the planet.
- Our opinions of products via our blog for informational purposes only.
- We will sometimes provide giveaways but we do not take responsibility for the quality, content, or dissatisfaction of products received via a giveaway. Such problems should be directed to the product company. However, we will do our best to communicate such issues to the company.
- When reviewing products we will always let our readers know if the products were purchased ourselves or if a sample was provided to us by the company for the purpose of reviewing.
- We do accept ads from companies we support. Some are paid ads and some are affiliate programs, I also use Google Adsense. These ads do not influence our blog articles.
- We do receive affiliate commissions for some of the products we link to. These are all products I truly support and I’m not paid to post the links or my views.
- We are an affiliate for several other companies. When these links appear in posts there will always been a note on the post. While we do earn a small commission if you order from these links, it doesn’t affect our views.
- I’m an Amazon affiliate and earn a small percent when you order from my Amazon store or from a link I post to Amazon. I only link to products I truly believe in and only add items I love to my store.
- The Organic Society is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,
we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Organic Society may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 1st, 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information to help understand and address your needs.
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send newsletter emails or other information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.