Disclosure: The Organic Society accepts advertising, sponsorship, affiliate links and other forms of compensation, which may or may not influence the advertising content, topics or articles written on this site. Click here for more information.
Hair growth is an essential part of the overall beauty of a human being. You look good not only because of your facial features but also because of the hair on your scalp. A head full of dense, glossy tresses is what we all crave for, but often this does not happen in reality.
Our hair has to battle against several hair foes which make it unhealthy, damaged, inhibit its growth and also cause rapid hair loss. The major hair foes these days are: use of harsh shampoos, colors and dyes, excessive exposure to pollution and sun, excessive use of heat styling tools like blow dryers, curling irons etc, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, stress, friction, low fluid intake, fungal infection of scalp etc.
Normally scalp hair is supposed to grow up to 0.5 mm per day. But the hair foes deter its growth. You can increase hair growth with the help of some highly beneficial and inexpensive home remedies:
Natural Remedies For Hair Growth
1. Mingle 1 egg (both egg white and yolk), a drop of olive oil and 2 tablespoons honey. Massage this mixture vigorously on scalp and hair roots. Cover head with a towel and wash after 30 minutes. This will provide nourishment to the roots and expedite the growth of healthy hair.
2. Add few drops of rosemary essential oil in to water and rinse hair with this water daily. This helps hair grow.
3. Massage mustard oil on scalp. this allows hair to grow faster.
4. Cut some cactus or Aloe leaves in to small slices. Soak the slices in water overnight. Next morning, apply this water to the hair and keep for considerable time. This allows hair to grow fast.
5. Use the water in which you have cooked potatoes for rinsing hair.
6. Massage hot castor oil or coconut oil on scalp. Keep for considerable time before washing. This improves blood circulation at the roots and brings about dense hair growth.
7. Cut 2-3 leaves of Aloe Vera and squeeze out the sap. Mix sap with honey and apply on scalp. Keep for 20 minutes and then wash. This allows growth of hair.
8. Massage scalp with grape seed oil at bedtime. This can help hair grow quicker.
9. Cut a red onion in 2 halves. Put the 2 halves, 4 cloves of garlic and 2 cinnamon sticks in a pot of water and bring to a boil. After 15 minutes, remove the pot from stove, strain and use the infusion for rinsing hair. Do this for 4 consecutive days. You will surely notice a marked difference in the rate of your hair growth.
10. Fold the palms of each hand in a semi-fist; the fingernails of each hand should face each other. Buff nails briskly against each other for 5 minutes. This is known as Reflexology. It helps in growth of hair.
11. Sleep with braids to make your hair grow long.
12. Split-ends stop hair growth. So trim your split ends every 4 months.
13. Consume a hair growth inductive diet. Your diet should include beans, nuts, wheat germ, sprouts, tofu, carrots and other yellow fruits and vegetables. Also there should be ample Vitamin B complex and Biotin diet.
14. Have ample sleep, for your hair grows during the resting hours.
For more tips on how to naturally grow your hair, check 10 Tips to Naturally Regrow Your Hair
If you liked this post, be sure to check out more of our blogs on beauty here.